Sunday, March 16, 2014

I call a do-over

Ok.... so F for lack of consistency goes to....me.  Lets just say blogging from an apartment you are "temporarily" living in which then turns in to a 10 month stay with very little room, two dogs, a cat, 2 adults and a 2 year old becomes a nightmare really quickly and remembering to check in here was at the bottom of my "must do" list. BUT, I am happy to say we are finally in our home that we waited a long time for and in the process of getting settled. All is well with the family and I am slowly regaining my sanity. Really, apartment living isn't for me. It worked in college when I only used my apartment as a place to sleep, shower and store my cereal, but as a home...no. Just no. But, let me be glass half full...I did learn some things while living at the gates of hell.

1. Just because the girl upstairs is an adult doesn't mean she knows that DAWN doesn't go in the dishwasher. Something else she doesn't know.... water travels down....like down through my ceiling...

2. "Please pick up after your pets" is a suggestion

3. Even when it's -20 degrees out and icy, college girls will find a reason to wear shorts that are so far up their asses they double as dental floss.

4. Neighbors stop talking to you after you confuse a wad of thread on your sleeve for a spider.

5. I didn't know my jump and screeching abilities were so effortlessly timed for the instance I should confuse a wad of thread on my sleeve for a spider.

6. 2 year old don't care if you have neighbors and when you remind them mid tantrum they like to go UP an octave in screaming...I'm guessing because they think the neighbors should think you are torturing your child behind closed doors.

7. Lastly, I'm not cut out for giving advice. I think to give advice you have to be sympathetic, a good listener, and some other things....I'm none of the above.

I'm here to ramble... I'm good at that.

Here's a picture of one pissed of 2 year old. Enjoy










No comments:

Post a Comment