Saturday, July 6, 2013

Where do I begin?

I'm 27, I work full time as a medical research assistant (I'm not smart, so don't be intimidated), I'm a mother of an adorably exhausting 18 month old boy, and I'm a very very patient wife. I don't consider myself an excellent mother by any means so this isn't a blog about the best way to get your kid to eat peas and go to bed every night by 7 pm. Hell, if my kid can make it to 2 without knowing the word "fuck" I think I have won. I've been married for 3 years to my high school sweetheart cashing in a total of 11 years together. Everything is great, we both have jobs that we tolerate well and we love our little Alexander more than sleeping in and being able to afford nice clothes. We are in the beginning stages of custom building our home and so we are temporarily living in a tiny apartment with our little family. Did I mention we also have two large dogs and a very stereotypical cat? Did you know that by adding those last three things into the equation makes living in a small apartment a fucking nightmare? It does. The bad part about this whole thing? The whole "lets build a house and temporarily live in an apartment" thing was entirely my idea. DAMMIT. Now, I can't even guilt trip my husband anytime I'm having a bad day. I have a lot of things on my to do list. please see below
1. survive living in an apartment until the house is done. This includes but is not limited to not killing my husband and hiding his body in between the wall studs because small spaces bring out my inner nut case. This will hopefully very soon morph into decorating a new home on a budget. OH PINTEREST!!!!
2. Learn how to shop for myself. I admit, I wasn't exactly a fashionista P.C (Pre-child) but I could rock a tank top with the best of them. My body has changed and I have grown addicted to cupcakes and while I am making strides to get healthier which involves me doing a lot of weight lifting and protein shake drinking I have a ways to go and step one is steering clear of buying my favorite V-neck tshirt in every color. So join me while I learn to build a comfortable but stylish mom wardrobe.  
3. Focus. I have the attention span of a goldfish. I dabble in anything and everything and I'd like to find something I truly love and make my own.
4. Build up my confidence. I have the bachelors degree in Biology and I've been at my job for almost 3 years but I am new to my position and there's nothing like a couple of Ph.D's to make you feel like the village idiot.
5. Learn to get the through the ...brace yourself.... TERRIBLE TWO's!!!!!!....I feel it coming. My kid is turning into a bipolar midget and I haven't prepared for this yet. Everyday is a battle of "I want cheerios, I don't want cheerios, why are you taking away my cheerios, I don't want cheerios, I love cheerios, MICKEY!"

Until next time!






No comments:

Post a Comment